Why I Love Being a 20-Something
I could provide a list of ideological reasons as to why being a 20-something is great (youthful optimism, etc.), but being a practical person, I just like not having many restrictions. I know that I cannot speak for an entire demographic but here are a few things this particular 20-something loves:
1) I can wear an outfit like this and not worry about having to “look my age.”
2) I can say “oh em gee” without people giving me weird looks.
3) I can go on a shopping rampage and use the excuse of building a working wardrobe.
4) I can run without having to worry about the impact damaging my knees.
5) I can uproot, move to Texas to start a non-profit, and then visit developing countries to help the poor….like my amazing friend, Iris of Videre Microfinance, who took a huge pay cut as an investment banker to help micro-finance small businesses of the working poor.
6) And one of my faves: breathing room for making mistakes.
I do not doubt my later years will be fantastic but each decade has its own flavor…and I want to savor the one I am presently in. That is why I am very hesitant to have a boyfriend (some people think it’s beyond weird that I don’t) but I am allergic to the idea of “giving the best years of my life” to a boy. I’d like to save them for myself, thanks.
Until next time…ciao!